When it comes to maximizing sample storage capacity, Eppendorf Innova ULT Freezers set the standard. They take advantage of ultra-efficient, ultra-compact vacuum insulation panels which are used in combination with traditional insulation to slim down the freezer wall thickness from 130 mm to 80 mm. These models are ideal for labs short on space. The following models are offered: U101, U360, and U535.
The upright models Innova U101 and U360 have a limited footprint, especially designed for small labs. The Innova U101 is a personal ULT freezer which fits below a standard bench (stackable as option).
The Innova line is equipped with reliable heavy-duty compressors (2-stage cascade cooling system). Quick pull-down times enable fast reuse after cleaning/defrosting of the instrument. The freezers have short recovery times after opening as well as built-in voltage stabilizers to provide extra sample safety.
The temperature range is from -50°C to -86°C.
For even higher sample safety, the Eppendorf Innova Upright Freezers can be equipped with CO2/LN2 backup systems and a chart recorder. Temperature monitor systems can be used to monitor the freezers remotely.
Support the epGreen initiative with your Eppendorf ULT freezer
Eppendorf Ultra-Low Temperature freezers are among the most energy-efficient in the industry, reducing energy consumption by thousands of kilowatt hours over our competition.
As being on of the very first movers for green gases at -86°C, Eppendorf has now 10 years of experience in R&D, production, logistics, and service in the field.
Factors influencing the energy consumption
- Thickness of insulation
- Type of insulation
- Type of cooling liquid
- Efficiency of compressors
- Control of compressor
- Pressure in cooling system
- Style of cooling loops (diameter, length, density,..)
- Sealings of outer door
- Sealings of inner doors
- Insulation of inner doors
- Insulatioon of outer door
Our part for sustainability
- Production moved into new building with state-of-the-art building insulation to save heating energy and power
- Heat output during final individual unit testing discharges building heating system
- Plastic and cardboard compactors introduced + waste rebate system in place
- Local requirements for waste management (collection of electronic waste like circuit boards, recycling via authorized recycling organizations) and internal guide lines
- Usage of green cooling liquids in Eppendorf ULT freezers for 10 years
- Packaging parts have increasing share of recycled origin
- Packaging is 100% recycable
- REACH + RoHS compliant
- Marketing material is printed on FSC certified paper, wherever possible focus on pdf only
- Shipment by cargo ship to reduce CO2 footprint